Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Knit Hat

I've always wanted to learn how to knit.  My beloved Grandma taught me how to crochet when I was a young girl, I've made lots of granny squares in my day.  But I really admire knitting.  I love the way it looks, the way it lays, the way you don't see through it, how nice and flat it is.  



I finally got my chance a couple of years ago at a 4H class that I'd attended  with my daughter.  I came away a new knitter!  I was ecstatic!  I've been knitting ever since.  The hat modeled by my youngest in the photo below is one of my first projects knitted from an actual pattern.  Its darling, but too big for anyone.  We fold the rim and wear it anyway. 

My daughter still practices, but I think right now she's more interested in the idea of knitting than in the effort.  Her level of excitement is more in the enchantment and novelty at this stage.  There must be a way that I can channel that...


Our 5-yr-old in his too-big hat



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!