|Wild, tart roadside plums|
|Help with pitting buckets of plums (more in the fridge!) 2009|
|Botanical plum, Redoute|
|Damson Plum, by Petula Stone|
|Théo van Rysselberghe, Still Life with Plums, 1926|
|Benjamin Roberts, Still life of plums with a cabbage white, 1862|
- Put 10-15 plums in a clean glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Cover well with clear, unflavoured vodka - 40% alcohol content (80 proof).
- Let steep for 3-6 months or more in a dark place at room temperature, 18-20°C (64-68°F).
- Shake lightly and taste it from time to time.
- Strain and filter your infusion into a clean glass bottle or jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Store (age) for at least 2 months in a dark place at room temperature before serving.