Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Funday - Vintage Old Ads

It's advertisements like the following that help me understand the women's liberation movement.  This is what the activist women grew up with.  We don't realize that.



New Ivory Soap



Amolin Deodorant Powder 1929
"Sold everywhere for 30¢ and 60¢"







1930's Lucky Strike Cigarettes




1952 Complete kitchen in 5 sq. ft.




Pep Vitamins




1979 Thermador Oven




Turn of the century advert for
Sanitized Tape Worms
to stay thin


Feeling better about yourself, ladies?  This is funny now, but imagine finding this kind of thing in this morning's paper, in the doctor's office waiting room, on the billboard along the highway.  I'm glad they're vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!