Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Happiest Home



Where is the happiest home on earth?
'Tis not 'mid scenes of noisy mirth;
But where God's favor, sought aright,
Fills every breast with joy and light.


The richest home? It is not found
Where wealth and splendor most abound;
But whereso'er, in hall or cot,
Man lives contented with their lot.


The fairest home? It is not placed
In scenes with outward beauty graced,
But where kind words and smiles impart
A constant sunshine to the heart.


On such a home of peace and love
God showers His blessings from above,
And angels, watching o'er it, cry,
"Lo, this is like our home on high!"




~ Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!