Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fun, Safe, FREE Websites For Kids

I saved this article from my Family Fun Magazine, Sept 2010 issue. 
Now I know why, this deserves to be shared!


The Travels of Wiglington and Wenks Virtual World
wiglingtonandwenks.com
Free Registration
Ages 7 & up
Kids design their own avatar
Play games
Assist historical characters
Explore real & imaginary worlds
 


 

thetoymaker.com
Age 5 & up
Artist Marilyn Scott-Waters
Paper patterns to assemble
Fairy furniture, miniatures, boats, cars, etc.


activitytv.com
Ages 6 & up
How-to videos for kids
Cartooning, oragami, jewelry making
Printable instructions




freerice.com
Age 8 & up
Learn while fighting hunger
Site donates rice for every right answer - that’s motivation!



pbskids.org/island
Age 3-6
Sequential learn-to-read games
 
 
The Great Word Quest
pbskids.org/read
Ages 6-8
Kids join a team, complete a quest, and earn words to use in games from favorite PBS shows
 
 
Togetherville
togetherville.com
Age 8 & upFamily social networking site
Kids use their parent’s Facebook account to share projects, messages, videos in a controlled and monitored environment



worldofcars.go.com
Age 4 & up
Young fans of the Disney/Pixar movie Cars can design their own vehicle
Take it for a drive
Race against others




funbrain.com
Age 6 & up
Problem-solving games
Math
Literacy
 

Age 3 & up
Wildlife
Cartoons
Singing &dancing
 



 
nga.gov/kids/zone
Age 7 & up
Play with art
 



shidonni.com
Ages 3 & up
Free registration
Children create their own creatures that come alive with sound effects


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!