Monday, March 14, 2011

Indoor Basketball Net

"I wish we had one of those little basketball hoops." said my 15-yr-old to me one day.

"Make one."  I said, "all you need is a hanger and some plastic mesh."

This is what he created:

front

As you can see, it fits nicely on the door.  He even drew basketball lines on a Nerf ball. 

He fastened everything together with good ol' duct tape, "the handyman's secret weapon."  For the shaping of the hanger he used Dad's pliers.

back

side

Goodness knows how many of those flimsy little hoops we've gone through in our home, what with four boys.  Now this sturdy little contraption has staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!