Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent: How To

1/3 of a Bar of:








1/2 cup of:




1/2 cup of:





A 2 gallon bucket




1. Grate the soap.



2. Put it into
a saucepan.


3. Add 6 cups
of water.


4. Heat until soap
melts.

5. Add washing soda
and Borax,
stirring until
dissolved.

Remove from heat.

6. Pour 4 cups hot water
into the bucket.


7. Add soap mixture
and stir.





8. Add 1 gallon
+ 6 cups of
water.
Stir.




9. Let sit 24 hours
to gel.





Use 1/4cup - 2cups
per load.

Works great as a pre-treater, too.








You may wish to make
dry laundry detergent,
which is simple:

2 cups finely grated soap
(Use a food processer)
1 cup Borax
1 cup washing soda

Mix and store in
a sealed container.

Use from 1-2 Tablespoons
for an average load,
up to 1/2 cup for an extra-large load.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!