Monday, August 1, 2011

Napkins We Don't Buy or Throw Away



I'm impressed with this idea from Martha Stewert's site,
she calls them "Oxford Napkins."

They're cloth napkins made out of your worn oxford shirts. 
They reduce the need for paper napkins and towels, 
and save you money.
Plaids and checks are the most decorative for this project,
but only if you're picky.

Tools and Materials
Old oxford shirts
Scissors
Ruler
Needle and thread


1. Wash the oxford shirts well.
Oxford Napkins How-To
Cut the clean fabric into uniformly sized pieces,
about 12 inches square.

2. Either leave the edges frayed,
or sew a hem for a cleaner look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!