Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sister's Day

Is solace anywhere more comforting
 than in the arms of a sister.  ~Alice Walker



Dec 1972



Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.  ~Louisa May Alcott



Oct 1973





Halloween 1985



Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.  ~Vietnamese Proverb


Jan 1973


Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.  ~Benjamin Disraeli



Christmas 1972
Me & my sister
My grandma (left) & her sister



Sister to sister we will always be,
A couple of nuts off the family tree.
~Author Unknown



1975


Sisters may share the same mother and father
 but appear to come from different families.
  ~Author Unknown


Aug 1973


1988


I always like to win. But I'm the big sister.
I want to make sure she has everything,
even if I don't have anything.
It's hard. I love her too much. That's what counts.
Venus Williams



Sept 1974


More than Santa Claus,
your sister knows when you've been bad and good.




My sister 5 mo. &  I'm 16 mo



Never let an angry sister comb your hair.



How do people make it through life without a sister?





A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost .







"Two Sisters"  1901
William Adolphe Bouguereau

"Sisters"
Kelly Johnson
 A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.


Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.


"Tale of Two Sisters"  2008
Kimberly French




"The Sisters"  1885
Mary Cassatt







"Sisters"



"Sisters"



"Sisters"








"Sisters"
by Carolee Clark

I LOVE YOU, CINDI!!!!
XOXOXOXO




Oct 1972


1 comment:

  1. that picture is not from a tale of two sisters, it is from The Uninvited =)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!