Friday, November 11, 2011

Armistice Day / Veteran's Day



When our perils are past,
shall our gratitude sleep?

~George Canning


Field of Poppies, Flanders, France

It is easy to take liberty for granted,
when you have never had it taken from you. 

~Author unknown



This nation will remain the land of the free
only so long as it is the home of the brave. 

~Elmer Davis

Cross Stitch Remembrance

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms.
  It means a strong desire to live
taking the form of readiness to die. 

~G.K. Chesterton


 Freedom is never free. 

~Author Unknown

 

 
Thank You



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!