Saturday, November 26, 2011

You Can Paint on Porcelain

It's not as tricky as it sounds.

Mug Painted in Iceland
 We can paint on porcelain, crockery, terra-cotta, metals,
ceramics, glass, and more!

Find your design,
be inspired with anything from embroidery patterns to tattoos.
You can play with it a bit
or, for gift-giving, keep it just as you found it.

Your local craft and/or art store will sell
Porcelain paint.




Plate Painted in Japan

(Pebeo is easy to find, and it comes in many colors
and applications, like markers, tubes, and jars.)

Any heat-stable surface is ready for painting with this medium.
Once your design is transfered,
place your piece into a preheated 300°F oven
for 30 minutes.
It is now as permanant as baked enamel!


Kid's mug

They're nontoxic and safe for common detergents,
as well as the top rack of your dishwasher.

If you decide to use a brush, it's recommended that you use
a natural fiber in order to avoid brush marks.


 With supervision this is a good project to do with the kids,
a great opportunity to teach them about giving, creating, resourcefulness and self-sufficiency.

Cross-Stitch Lettering on Variety Plates

  
Japanese-Style Painted Bowls





 


Painting on Terra-Cotta

Painted Serving Platter, Bloomingdales





 








Painted Tile/Coaster

Painting tile








Painting on Glass
 



 
  I've posted a few black and white images below for you,
to help you and inspire you with your search for designs and ideas.



Painted Plates: Play With Your Food

Whether traditional or whimsical,
fancy or funky,
think of your recipient and have fun!

This can be for holiday, wedding, graduation, birth,
house-warming, anniversary, anything that is special and
celebrated in your family.

I can't wait to get started!
I have my first tube and a couple of porcelain ornaments.
It's been fun to research along with you,
now I'm ready to begin.
I'll post my finished product soon!

Matryoshka Doll



Chinese Dragon


Swedish Dala Horse

Bird in Flight
Lotus Blossom Henna Pattern


Celtic Claddagh Symbol

Moravian Lamb


Love Birds

Embroidery Chicken


Pineapple, Symbol of Welcome

Two Hearts as One



Fluffy Chic, for Baby

Oak and Acorn, Symbol For Strength


Madonna and Christ


Treble Clef



Butterfly, Nouveau Style

Robots
Spring Dogwood Blossom



Happy porcelain painting, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!