Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Plarn

The ultimate thrift!

  Great 4H project.  Good TV or movie-watching project.  Sure-fire conversation starter.

All you need is scissors, a jumbo crochet hook or jumbo knitting needles, and...

plastic bags.

There are LOTS of ideas and patterns to be found on the www.

Plastic Bags

Cuts cross-ways into strips

Plarn cutting instructions
Plarn balls rolled up


Crocheting plarn


Knitting plarn

Plarn bag


Plarn bag with denim lining and denim belt for strap


Plarn basket, knit into punched holes of plastic base

Plarn basket, with coiled bottom


Plarn rug

Plarn tote with button

Plarn scrubbies

Lining of a plarn bag

Plarn place mat

Plarn tutu

Plarn sandals

The sky is the limit!  Happy plarning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!