Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stash-Busting Snake

I had all these fun little balls of yarn...

As you can see, none of them alone were enough for a project, but put a bunch of them together and you've got yourself a bright, stripey little snake for an excited little boy (or girl).  He's so cute that any youngster would just love to have him snuggled around their neck in chilly weather.



I knit this one using double point needles, but that doesn't mean you have to.  Go ahead and knit yours in-the-round with a circular needle, only be sure to use a shorter 9-in.



Knit yours flat and stitch him together right side in, then turning him out to bind the ends.

Perhaps you don't knit.  You can crochet one with even less effort!



Try a smaller-sized Knifty Knitter loom from Provo Craft.  It's only a matter of wrapping your yarn around the pegs, then lifting the lower loop over the upper loop.  What's more, you get perfect stitches every time!




I didn't use a pattern.  I started small, increasing a little at a time.  When I found the size I liked, I just kept going until I was out of yarn.  I tied on red yarn for his tongue, and sewed on a couple of small, shiny black buttons (quite secure).  Et voilà!






2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love it!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan! It was fun to make, & the little guy actually keeps it in bed with him. :D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!