Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Much Are My Donations Worth?


It's a little late in the tax season, but we haven't hit the big April 15th yet.  I want to share with you some valuation guides for your donations throughout the year. 

These are extremely helpful with your tax deductions, be sure to familiarize yourself with this process if you're not already.

The Salvation Army, who takes all sorts of donations from accross the country offers a handy website.

Goodwill does, too.  Both these companies will give you a tax deduction form, you may need to remember to ask.

There are so many local thrifts that are happy to accept your clean, gently used items.  Ask for a donation slip and use an updated valuation guide.  You'll find things moving along smooth as butter when your tax appointment comes up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!