Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rhubarb Muffins

Here's another easy recipe for your rhubarb collection.  You'll love the moist, tart bits inside this sweet, soft muffin.  Who doesn't love a good muffin?


4 c. rhubarb, washed & trimmed into 1-in. pieces
1 stick butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk

Preheat your oven to 400°F.

Cream together your butter, sugar, and vanilla.

Beat in your egg.

Sift together your flour, baking powder, and salt; then stir in half your milk.

Fold in your rhubarb.

Bake in the center of your oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out relatively clean (considering there is rhubarb inside).

You may want to eat one or two of these piping hot with melted butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I'm on this journey, rambling through life's exhilarating highs and trudging heavily amongst it's incapacitating lows, I might as well share whatever may be gleaned from my little bits of wisdom and my many missteps. No room for judgment from this broken mama. I'm writing from my heart: raw, open, messy, but saved. And I'm still thanking God!